1923 Maxim C-2 Fire Pumper (Yat Ming) 1/24
EASY ORDER INFO HERE
In 1914, Carlton Maxim, a Middleboro Massachusetts firefighter and auto-mechanic, founded the Maxim Motor Company. Maxim's first fire trucks were built on a Thomas Flyer chassis. Soon after, Maxim began building custom apparatus on his own chassis. In 1922, Maxim introduced the C series line of pumpers: C -1 was a 350 gpm pump, C-2 was 400 gpm pump and C-3 was a 450 gpm pump. The C - model truck was equipped with a 4 cylinder, 4 1/2 inch bore and 6 inch stroke Wisconsin engine, Northern Rotary gear pump, a cast iron radiator, 4-speed transmission with shaft drive on a worm gear axle. The truck had pneumatic tires on 24 inch wood spoke wheels and that gave the truck ample ground clearance for the un-improved roads of the day. Many accessories were available such as chemical tanks, water tanks, ladders, and suction hoses to fit each department needs.
The distinctive gable hood design of Maxims of the 1920's was a common sight in New England for decades. In 1923, the town of Randolph, Massachusetts, purchased a C-2 Maxim for their fire department. Eager to phase out the horses to pull the fire apparatus, the pumper was also put into service to tow the hook and ladder wagon to fires until 1929. The Storyland, or Hillsboro, New Hampshire Fire Department Maxim, is a C-1 model, with Serial #529 and motor # VAU-1858.
YatMing Road Signature Diecast No. 20119